Thursday 28 July 2016

Day 1 

It is the 28th of July and I have finally arrived at the  Lourdes, in France after a very long flight. I have booked my hotel not too far from the Lourdes and got my program ready for the next 5 days. I have done some research about the Lourdes and found out a few facts: 

  • Many sick or disabled people visit the Lourdes each year, especially because the town is primarily important for its religious history. 
  • It is located in southwestern France, situated at the foot of the Pyrenees mountain range and now both banked of the Gave de Pau stream. 
  • The town and its fortress formed a strategic stronghold in medieval times 
  • The most visited pilgrimage shrine in the Christian world, Lourdes is t he site of Marian apparition in 1858
I also researched activities you can do while staying at the Lourdes which include 
  • Visiting the birth place of Bernadette Soubirous, Saint Bernadette 
  • Climb the Holy Stairs which is done while kneeling 
  • Candlelit procession 
  • and much more 

No comments:

Post a Comment